Saturday, November 3, 2012

training 11.3.2012

Back at it.  Pretty much over the crud, back from the road, ready to get at it.

No support wear today.  Started with Craze and B-Ala/creatine mix.  Did dynamic shoulder warm-up work.

Essentially restarting the last phase of my work with Mike T, back to May 9th.

2-count bench x3@8 + fatigue
2-count DL x3@8 + fatigue
JM Press

Shoulders felt fine, right pec didn't bark at all.  Everything was good.  Moved a lot of weight -- considerably more than I expected to.  Very happy with the day and had to purposefully stop, as I really wanted to do some power cleans and shoulder work.  I'll do that tomorrow, as adding stuff to work sets tends to limit progress.  Gotta know when enough is enough, and it doesn't have to be when you're totally cooked.

Feel good, though some of that may be the Craze.  Had a decent trip this week, but came home to an empty home -- my wife is in Virginia for a conference.  So, I'll go see Looper tonight, since it's one she has no desire to see.

Still tightening the belt stringently, but haven't killed cable yet.  Yet.  Everything else is going, including the motorcycle and probably the '75 Blazer too.  Told my boy that we'd get another project, and he surprisingly was very upbeat about it. 

In the meantime, came home from travel this week with commitments for some significant revenue.  I say commitments because nothing is real until I see a check, but I think they will all bear fruit.  That will make life a little easier, particularly since one might mean a great deal of money.  I feel a sense of urgency given the election, as I believe we will have a short time before a serious swoon regardless of the outcome.  Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security eat more than the country receives in tax revenue, and defense eats 700B a year.  Doesn't matter what we do; without cuts, we're going down.  And politicians' appetite for spending your money is insatiable.

Nevertheless, vote Tuesday or shut up.

Thanks for humoring me, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment