Monday, November 19, 2012

training 11.19.2012

Cube week 2, day 1 -- speed DL

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix and some dynamic warm-up work.  Wore loose briefs that were pretty tight by quitting time.  Nothing but water during, AtLarge Results after.

Today is speed day for deadlift.

DL 45% + doubled monster-mini bands stretched tight, 10x1: used 140kg, which is 5kg under 50%, and need to go up -- these were more than quick.  I think I've gotten stronger since my last test, maybe.

4" block pull, snatch grip, straight weight, 50%, 1 set of 20 reps: used 150kg; knew this was gonna hurt, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  Sucked serious wind and felt it in my back when done, but liked the way the weight moved.  This is good.

SSB Olympic squats, ass to calves, wide knees with heels on a plate, 3x8: 100kg and quads were screaming.  Last rep of the last set was a bit of a grind.  Sort of.

Back raises, 1 set of 50: got them done, no weight -- next time, weight or bands.

Bar shrugs, 3x12: 100kg, slightly bent.  Love these shrugs -- haven't included them in maybe 8 years.  Didn't know I missed them until Big B brought them back in this program.

Supersetted these with...

Band lat pulldowns with strong bands, 4x15: maintained constant tension, got them done.


Still eating enough to frighten people around me and pounding lots of chocolate milk -- drank over 1500 calories of chocolate milk alone yesterday.  Love that.

Still fighting tiredness, but I think that's between my ears.

Everyone, keep at it.  Work hard this week, honor your employer for three days, and enjoy your families for the holiday weekend.  That's an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment