Wednesday, November 14, 2012

training 11.14.2012

Cube week 1, day2 -- bench max

Not very chatty -- too beat.  Very excited going in today.  I love days of testing.

Spiked mid-afternoon; between being oddly tired  and knowing a test was coming, I was yawning all afternoon.  B-Ala/creatine mix before training.  Dynamic work and the heater to start.  Very hungry at the start even though I ate a large pizza for lunch (seriously).  Should have been dragging and full with fat belly, but instead am hungry and skin tight.  Go figure.  Finished dynamic warm-up with some band work for shoulders.


Don't call it a comeback -- I've been here for years.  (name the artist for extra points)  It felt good to get back under some heavy weight, I have to say.

Get to it.

Floor Press 1RM: 225kg  might have had one small jump left, but I don't think so.  This might be a FP PR for me -- I'll have to go back and check.  No shoulder pain, which you may recall has always been my FP nemesis.  Ring finger on the ring.  That's a lot of weight.

Bench 2x15 @70%: these were really freakin' tough after the FP.  Weight wasn't important. 

Pull-ups, widest grip, weighted, fat grip, 3x12: used my Ironmind belt and some plate weight and cranked these out.  Just felt fantastic.  These were supposed to be lat pulldowns, but I don't have the plate-loaded cable machine yet.  Ought to just weld one up, but finding a stainless slide is not trivial.  Anyone knows where to find one, please let me know.

Band press-downs, average band (elitefts, old school) x100: a bitch, in a word.  Triceps are pretty done by this point, so I was whining like a kid by the time I hit 100.

DB shrugs, 40kg DBs, 3x15: slow and squeeze at the top, no bobbing.  Wow.

Military press, wide grip (outside the ring), 3x12: wimp weight -- it's all I had.  Ground them out.  Right shoulder barked a little, but not badly.  Did these seated with seat at 80 degrees.

I'm cooked.  Loving this.  Triceps are screaming, everything is pumped tight.  Time to eat.

Next is speed squats.  Thanks for checking in.


No comments:

Post a Comment