Friday, November 23, 2012

training 11.21.2012

Cube week 2, day 2  -- bench for reps

Was a little distracted training the boy while running through this.  You have to watch new lifters (particularly weak ones) like a hawk for form; he has the best of intentions, but...

Started with dynamic shoulder work, used B-Ala/creatine mix, drank straight water during.  Used elbow sleeves and Spud velcro wrist support.  I may have to sew thin neoprene liners in the Spuds -- they'd be about perfect then.  Warmed up with the bar and got to it.

Incline, seat at 45 degrees, 5x3 @75%: didn't think this through well and used 75% of my recent best for comp bench (250kg), which is a bastard for incline.  I did the first set with 185kg and backed it down to 175 thereafter, which was still brutally hard.  I will have to dig through my notes for a reasonable incline max and/or talk with Brandon about whether this was intended.

Incline, seat at 45, fat DB, 2x20 at RPE=9 on the Tuchscherer scale: used 60kg DBs, but need to go up a little next time.

Narrow grip bench, 3x12: pinkies were about an inch inside the ring, 100kg, getting toasty by now

Band fly, 3x15: used chains with handles because I felt like it; if I remember correctly, it was about 80# per hand

Triceps pushdown with band x100: average EFS band, got them done.

As I'm posting this late, today is a max squat day that looks to be pretty near obscene.  For some reason, my legs are already tired -- stood all day yesterday cooking (used to be a chef, so I always get the duty), which also has my back tired.  Better get a fire going or I will get buried.

I ate just as I was supposed to yesterday.  I made a bourbon-marinated tenderloin on the grill, sweet onion relish, Ree Drummond's crash hot potatoes, a huge salad using mache and watercress with pomegranate seeds and orange and edible flowers, homemade sour cream drop biscuits, a ginger-pumpkin pie, and a skillet apple pie.  Yes, everything was from scratch and I ate a ton.  Like someone was going to come take it away from me.  I was bloated until I crashed around 9:00, and I'm ready for round two today.

Hope everyone enjoys some peaceful time off.  Keep reflecting on things to be thankful for, and give your family folks an extra hug today.  And go crush some weight, people.

Thanks for checking in.  More later after the squats kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment