Friday, November 16, 2012

training 11.16.2012

Cube week 1, day 3 -- speed squat day

Some dynamic work (not enough) and some bar work.  Used B-Ala/creatine mix + BCAA+.  I wore my loosest Jack briefs and knee sleeves through the first two movements, after which I ditched the sleeves.

Squat 3x3 @75%: 255kg   felt light; left knee barked a little on the right side of the patella, so I put some blue horse liniment on it and it was fine

Reverse band squat, 1x2 @85% with average band: 290kg  came up fast

Olympic squat 5x5: These were fine -- weight was enough that I thought I could get about 8 or 10 reps -- maybe an RPE=8 on the Tuchscherer scale; kept feet narrow and toes out a little, kept knees out

Step-ups 4x15 with a barbell loaded with a couple hundred pounds: sucked wind like a Hoover and got a vicious pump.

Good mornings 3x12 with the same barbell -- supersetted the two.  Had some serious low-back cramps, but worked through it.  Both of these movements, I was trying to figure out what weights to use going forward.  100kg worked pretty well, I guess.  I little heavy for the step-ups and a little light for the GMs.  We'll see.

DB Swings with a 30kg DB.  No KBs at the Smash household, I'm afraid, so made-do.

GHR is still in-bound, but I will be able to sub a reverse hyper for one of these movements (step-ups or GMs) soon.

Off to eat a smallish animal and then chase the wife around the house.  Have a great Friday, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment