Monday, November 12, 2012

training 11.12.2012

A new beginning today.  Since I have had to suspend work with Big Mike T for a while, I asked Brandon Lilly if I could get in on his newest group of Cube Method guinea pigs and he was gracious enough to accept.  So today is the beginning of ten weeks of something I love -- self-experimentation -- using the method of someone who has experienced what could be considered an explosive renaissance in powerlifting of late.  In other words, it seems to work, at least for Brandon.  So I'm going to try to see how it translates to an old fart like me.

Used B-Ala/creatine mix to start; no extra caffeine.  No food in several hours, since 1# of chicken at lunch with a salad and a ton of bacon.  Yup.  Used knee sleeves (not wraps) and loose briefs with a Spud DL belt to prevent dropping my briefs.

Today is DL reps day, day 1 of week 1.

DL, sumo, 3x3 @80%: 275kg -- harder than expected, probably from a month of not doing heavy DLs

DL from 4" blocks, 2x3 @85%: 285kg -- felt good

SSB Olympic squats, glutes to calves, 3x8 @55% of squat max: 180kg -- sucked wind badly

GHR 4x10: my GHR is inbound, so I did SLDL to a stretch with 100kg; back was barking a little at this point

Back Raise x50: this was polish -- my back is officially toast.

Knees were barking walking up and down the stairs at the office today, but didn't feel them at all in the rumpus room.  Ran the heater to start until the sweat was pouring; felt a little like high school wrestling practice at that point.

Next is bench max.  Off to eat -- stay tuned.  Feel free to ask questions; I think I understand enough to answer at this point and can always involve BL if not.

Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment