Sunday, November 4, 2012

training 11.4.2012

Hot day today for November in Sandy Eggo.  Must be a slight Santa Ana, because it's mid-80s and very little breeze.

Started with Craze (probably too much) and B-Ala/creatine mix.  Did some dynamic work to warm up; used loose briefs for squats and my shortest EFS wrist wraps (18", I think).

Box squat + chain x3@8.5: reached same as 10/23, which was no box.  Surprised me, as I worked up slowly.  60% of my eventual total felt really heavy, but that passed.  Odd.  I'll take it.  These were more like a RPE=9.

Incline + chain x6@9: started off with the seat at 80 degrees and worked it out, then dropped the seat to 45 degrees and worked that out.  More weight (maybe 10% more) at 45 degrees, which is no surprise.  Shoulders and elbows felt fine.  Triceps are cooked.

Kroc rows x15 for several sets using the fat DB with 110# on it.  Caught myself cheating in the second set -- was pulling it up in a sort of curl with minimal scapular retraction -- and fixed it for ongoing sets.

Threw on my Ironmind squat/dip belt and did belt squats with my Ironmind plate loading pin.  Loaded 120kg and did sets of 20 because I wanted to.  Felt good -- think I'll make these a filler staple, particularly on pull-up days.  Once you got the belt on, might as well make good use of it.

Wife gets back tomorrow, which is good.  My world isn't quite right when she's away, even though I get a lot more done.  She's my kind of distraction.

Time to de-stink and eat.  Have a great week all.

No comments:

Post a Comment