Friday, November 23, 2012

training 11.23.2012

Cube week 2, day 3 -- max squat

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix and one scoop of Craze.  Added another half to my peri-water.

Used a loose set of briefs, knee sleeves, and added a belt when it got heavy.  Dynamic warm-up for quads, hams, glutes, hips, and knees.  Bar work jumps for warm ups were 10%.

Squat:
  80% x2: 270kg
  85% x2: 290kg
  90% x1: 305kg
  93% x1: 315kg
  80% x4: 270kg  felt fine

Weights went up pretty fast.  80% felt easy, actually, which I didn't expect.  Felt pretty good.

GM, 3x8: 100kg, took them slow.  Felt surprisingly good, but low back was checking in during the last set.

Step-ups, loaded, 3x20: 50kg, I think (maybe 70), superset with...
Lunges, loaded, 3x12: same bar

Reverse Hyper x60: with whatever was there.  Back was tired by this point, so I got them done.

I was a little concerned about how much this one would hurt, but it really didn't.  I went in a little tired in the quads, I think because I've been squatting under bathroom cabinets swapping out plumbing for the past three days.  My back was stiff as anything this morning.  Didn't turn out to matter, though I may take a contrast shower just to protect myself.

Time to eat.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment