Thursday, November 8, 2012

training 11.8.2012

Another day in the rumpus room.  Started off chilly, but got a good sweat on in a hurry.

B-Ala/creatine mix, nothing else in me but my lunch and snack.  Wrist support and a sweatshirt.

Seated DB shoulder Press with the fat DBs loaded to 65kg, sets of 10

in a superset with...

Weighted wide-grip pull-ups with 75kg between my legs, sets of 10

Tried some belt squats but kept riding my knees forward over my feet, so I decided not to hurt myself and instead moved on.

Did a bunch of direct neck work with one of those head-harness doo-hickeys

in a superset with

Partial squats -- bottom half -- with heels on a plate and a lot of weight.  No support of any kind, dropped to heels slowly enough to maintain control and squatted to just beyond parallel.  Sets of 20.

I love this kind of stuff for a little while; it's nice to hit things I wouldn't normally.  My next program will have to include some of these things as distractions to maintain focus and fight boredom.

Plus, even though my neck is bigger than it has ever been, someone I hadn't seen in years recently reminisced about when my neck used to be so much bigger.  Makes me wonder what changed to give them that impression.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment