Wednesday, November 7, 2012

training 11.7.2012

B-Ala/creatine mix, wrist support only except where otherwise noted.

Dynamic warm-up and a bunch of bar work.  Going to undertake a specific shoulder program to build up, particularly because I will likely be back to throwing a baseball hard in a few months and need some shoulder girdle stability.

2-board bench x4@8.5:  hit a ton - as much as I've ever done with a 2-bd.  Felt great.  Was seriously pissed off by my boss in mid-session, which might have helped. 

Threw on my loosest shirt and cranked out a bunch more sets with the 2-bd.  Very happy with the way it felt, the groove, everything.

Incline (45 degrees) x12@9: Again, a ton.  Reached 150 kilos for a dozen, though the last set was a serious grind and I did not bother to lock out all the reps.  Full ROM down, though, and stayed tight.  Again, very happy about this.  Triceps are entirely cooked now.

Was going to do some belt squats, but decided to do them tomorrow.  I know I won't train Friday, so it will be good to do some things tomorrow.  These days, this is mental health time.

Also eating much heavier -- experimenting here.  Still on CBL and have been hitting a pound of meat each meal (which is more than my usual has been) several times a day.  My veggie intake is pathetic -- too much effort for too little perceived gain.  I down them in the evening more than during the day in the office.  Besides, they just take up room.  Been keeping the carbs pretty clean at night, though have hit some Halloween candy pretty hard the last couple of nights.

Speaking of which, I don't know about you guys, but we hardly had any kids this year.  We usually average about 10 pounds of candy handed out, and I doubt I gave away 3 this year.  Almost no one showed.

Anyway, thanks for checking in.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment