Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Addendum

Rather than bore you with all of what I did yesterday, a couple of anecdotes that stand out for me:

First, I did heavy two-board and three-board work, which in and of itself isn't particularly notable.  My right pec has felt for the last two training sessions like it's about to tear; I think I need to get after it with a lacrosse ball.  The interesting thing is that I've been thinking about serious soft tissue work for my shoulders, specifically pecs, for a couple of weeks now without acting.  Take-home: listen to your body and act accordingly.

Second, I was training the boy yesterday and had him doing pull-up and chin-up variations.  I decided that it had been too long, so I suited up with my Ironmind belt and did weighted pull-ups with a wide grip.  To get to the point, without having done any direct pull-up work in well over a year, my pull-up strength is greater than it has ever been.  Much better.  Enough that I am curious to try a 3rm or 1rm weighted, just to see what I can do.  Take-home: most work has other benefits, so don't stress too much about the assistance work you aren't doing -- just keep on with working on weaknesses and the big stuff.

Hope you all have a great day.  I will be traveling again tomorrow and Friday, but I will hit it hard this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment