Thursday, October 4, 2012

training 10.4.2012

Late start.  B-Ala/creatine and nothing else.  Belt with squats.

Cut back on my caffeine today by half to manage anxiety.  I wasn't anxious, but I was yawning all afternoon too.  Didn't seem to hurt my training much, I guess.

No real dynamic work, which was stupid.  Went at the warm-up sets.

comp bench x2@9 + -10%: 245kg, no complete fatigue sets; excuses below

pin squat +chains x4@9 + -10%: 300kg, several fatigue sets

JM press x7@9 + -10%: climbed until I ran out of gas.  Don't care what the poundage was.  Left elbow aches now.

I decided I need to break in a set of elbow sleeves I've had forever that, even though they are XXL, are way too tight.  Honestly, they squeeze so hard my biceps and triceps hurt.  By the time I ripped them off, which was a couple of sets before the work set, I was seriously tired.  I started very strong and have no doubt I had more than 245 kilos.  Next time.

I did a few front squats and skull-crushers at the end for polish. 

Also, I'm loving having the extra chains, and the new hangers make using all my chains a lot easier.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment