Saturday, October 6, 2012

training 10.6.2012

A lot going on right now -- some good, some not so good.  But a lot, so still distracted.

Craze + B-Ala/creatine.  Felt great.  Lots of dynamic work to warm up shoulders, and a little for hips, glutes, and legs.  Need more for low back before days like this, as my back has been a little tender for a week now.

2" deficit DL x4@9 + -10%: 270kg -- same as 9/29 when 2@9, so very happy with this.  Weight came up fast.

3-count bench x4@9 + -10%: 225kg.  Couldn't crack 500#.  This was hard, and the last set was closer to a 9.5 or 10.  Don't think I had another rep and pretty much ground out what I did.

GM x7@9 + -10%: Got them done.  Did some rack pulls with chains and some front squats just for polish, low weight.  Didn't have much, as my low back was barking pretty hard at this point.

After deadlifting, pretty much everything was cramping.  It all calmed down before benching, which was merciful.
 
Tough day.

Had to buy a car.  Pretty much had to, as the old one was 15 years old, had close to 200k on it, and was starting to have not-so-small things go wrong on it.  I feel guilty over spending the money on the car, but it has forced us to entirely revamp our budget, which is very much welcome.  It's actually been a great, liberating experience. 

Unfortunately it also means I am going to have to sell some stuff.  Between California (the land of fruits and nuts) and the direction of the federal government these days, I have no faith that the economy is going to go anywhere but farther down.  Chance favors the prepared mind, so I'm preparing by simplifying massively.  That will mean the motorcycle and Blazer are going to be sold, along with practically everything else that doesn't have a pulse.  It also means that I'm likely going to have to discontinue my coaching from Big Mike Tuchscherer, which is a crying shame -- things are going very well right now on that front.  It doesn't mean I won't be back, and the next big deal I close will change that outlook entirely I'm sure.  But for now, the prudent thing is to kill cable, coaching, and pretty much everything I can live without.  Sounds kind of crazy when writing it down, but it makes sense when you put it on paper.  Guess I better close that big deal.  Besides, if I don't close the deals, I'll probably be looking for a job along with some 25 million other Americans.

Anyway, enough editorializing.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment