Monday, October 1, 2012

training 10.1.2012

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix.  Was a little distracted because my boy was training with me, though doing different exercises.  I had to keep an eye on him while he did his thing, and it kept me from being entirely focused.

Knee sleeves, elbow sleeves, wrist support.

Squat x2@9 + -10%: 320kg plus a few -- felt great, might have had more

2-count bench +chain x4@9 + -10%: 200kg and several fatigue sets; bought more chain over the weekend, so this was significant.

Elbows-out extensions x7@9 + -10%: didn't get them done because of the distraction and time.  I will make them up tomorrow with assistance work.  Triceps are a little tired today anyway due to yesterday's work (unlogged here, but at my other blog).

Feel really good about this, regardless of the numbers.  Felt strong and moved up quickly -- big jumps today.  Getting stronger.  Squat PR is going down next day to work up.

I've been struggling with some anxiety the last few days -- work, money, the usual.  I'm surprised it didn't have greater effect on numbers today.  I'm likely to buy a car tomorrow and it will overextend me a bit, so I will have to make room in the monthly expenses.   That's the way it goes.  I haven't had a car note in many, many years -- I usually just write a check.  So I'm dealing with a kind of odd guilt over the idea of doing it.  Maybe I should just buy a truck that will get me around, or a Civic, or something equally mundane.  Probably should, but probably won't.

Anyway, thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment