Monday, September 3, 2012

training 9.3.2012

Gorgeous holiday Monday.  Started with Craze (1+1 during), B-Ala/creat mix, dynamic shoulder warm-up.  Elbow sleeves for comp bench, Spud wrist support throughout.  Nothing but coffee otherwise.

Comp bench x4@9 + -9%: 235kg plus one @10%; main was more like 9.5.  A real grind.

Bench + chain x4@9 + -9%: 270kg plus one reverse band with ave band (chains are all used with stepson's dragging); a true RPE=9; band = -25# at top and -100# at top, more or less

Triceps extensions x8@9 + -9%: not a lot of weight -- pretty toasty by this point.  Tough to type at the moment, actually.

Great day today, really.  Upbeat, no rush, felt good, moved a lot of weight.  I'm living around 500# for bench now, which is solid.  At least I'm not intimidated by it any more.  The only problem I see is that there is so little difference between my pull and my press that they are almost indistinguishable.  We'll fix that, somehow.  Need for that GHR to hurry up and get in. 

My gains in bench are small and gradual, but I feel I am gaining -- making progress.  That's all that matters.  Will there ever be a day where we are satisfied?  I hope not.  But plateaus come -- how will I react?  There are genetic limits.  Maybe I'll play the ace card then, as Dave Tate would put it.  In the meantime, plain jane to see what I can do on my own.

Bodyweight remains steady, which is odd.  My legs and back are as big as they've ever been, from what I can tell (might be fooling myself), and I feel fat.  Just a little bloat on right now.  Not as militant about CBL as I need to be; wish I had someone I could talk with about it.  Brian Carroll would be awesome -- maybe I'll offer to pay him if he'll answer some questions about how he eats.  Smelly is too busy, from what I can tell, but looking absolutely ripped right now.  Besides, his writing is practically impossible to follow.  But CBL clearly works if you do it right. 

Apparently I am not, and I recognize that it's my own fault.  Most of it has to do with my easy boredom with the sameness of food -- I need lots of variety or I will never get enough calories down.  So I panic over caloric deficit and make it up in bad ways. 


The boy's first day was yesterday, and he's sore today.  He did great -- I'm proud of him.  He has more dragging in his immediate future, along with lunges, step-ups, and push-ups.  I suspect his triceps and glutes will be sore enough tomorrow to keep him mindful of what he's done.  I loved that when I was his age -- we'll see how he reacts.  He's happy to be a little sore today.  Just wish I had his hGH levels.

Sorry for the length.  Thanks for checking in.  Have a great holiday today.

No comments:

Post a Comment