Saturday, September 22, 2012

training 9.22.2012

Warm morning.  Still pretty humid, and bit overcast with very high clouds.  Makes it pretty hazy.

B-Ala/creatine and a scoop of Craze to start.  I might shift back to Spike for a while -- maybe until I down my Spike stash -- just to desensitize to Craze a bit.  Yesterday's scoops really jazzed me up, which was great, but I realize that it was likely just from having been off for five days.

Today is accessory/neglected work day.  Dynamic work to warm up shoulders.

Thrusters x8: started with the stones and moved to a loaded bar.  Closed with 2 sets of 8 with 178kg on a curling bar.  Freakin' hurt.  Might have to put a foamy around the bar or risk getting serious sand in my shorts.  Not sure how folks get up this high in weight without whining.  Guess I already have sand in my shorts.  Puss-boy.

Rows x12: did 5 sets with a whole lot of weight, superset with
Incline x15: also did 5 sets with a whole lot of weight; last set, repped out with 165lbs

Triceps were screaming at this point.  Every set of the rows, the last rep was ground-out, but I never felt them in my traps like I was feeling the incline in my triceps.  Had index finger on the ring for incline and outside the ring for the rows.

Hang snatch: very little weight at this point, just trying to smoothly get the weight overhead for sets of 8 or 10.  Something like that.  At this point, my triceps were so cooked I was seriously humping the weight to get it up.

I did some ATG squats, no weight, with scapular abduction.  Wanted to work in Zerchers or front squats.  I'll do them tomorrow.

Sucked wind hard again today.  Thinking of buying a prowler-like sled; local guy has them, which would save me a mint in shipping.  Also need a trap bar, another 1500# oly bar, and about $1000 of other stuff.  Doesn't everyone?  If wishes were horses...

Have a safe weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment