Sunday, September 23, 2012

training 9.23.2012

Did a bunch of assistance work yesterday and am tired after three days straight.  My triceps were entirely cooked over the last two days, so I didn't expect a whole lot from benching today.

Started with dynamic work, B-Ala/creatine, and a bunch of caffeine.  Used loose briefs for the heaviest squats, belt (I always wear a belt once the weight passes 550# -- call it a mental block), and knee and elbow sleeves (bench).

Squat x3@8.5 + -5%: 315kg.  Not much progress here.  This was more like a 9 on the final rep, I think.  Seriously thought I was going to pass out for a moment.

2-count bench +chain x2@9 + -5%: 210kg plus all my chain.  Felt pretty good -- this is progress.  Go figure.

Elbow-out exts x5@9 + -5%: a bunch.  I think I like narrow-grip bench better.  I need a plate-loaded cable pulldown for triceps pushdowns.

Hope all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment