Tuesday, July 30, 2013

training 7.30.2013

Week 3, day 1 -- max upper

Gorgeous day today.  Breezy and very warm.

Ndure, lots of dynamic work, a fair amount of bar work, and wrist support.  MGPM during.

Low incline press, 2x8RM + back-off set: got better as it got heavier; very happy with outcome

Superset:
 - neutral chins, 4xAMRAP
 - JM Press, 3x8 (supposed to be floor press, but elbows and shoulders suggested a substitute)

Superset:
 - Face pulls, 3x10
 - Cross-body hammer curl, 3x10 (left hand was really tough for some reason)

DB shrugs, 2x12

Signed a contract for a house last night and all went smoothly.  Contract work (the try/buy thing) is continuing apace and going well, I think. 

Had a second phone screen with the really big healthcare company today -- this time with the hiring manager (Sr. VP of the division).  She only had 15 minutes, so it could have gone poorly, but instead it was outstanding.  Nailed it, and she told me on the spot to expect to come in for the full wringer when I get back from Wyoming.

So, off to my first vacation in probably 7 years, and maybe the first ever alone with my wife for more than a weekend.  Amazing.  Can't wait to show her this place.  Off with a contract job, a potentially complicating interview, and a place to live.  Whew.  Now to pay down some recent debt and get things done.

Oh, and my accountant tells me I'm actually getting a big refund from our 2012 taxes.  Unbelievable.  Something bad about to happen?

1 comment: