Wednesday, July 10, 2013

training 7.10.2013

Cube, week 8, day 2 -- bench for reps

Overcast and humid today.

B-Ala/creatine, dynamic work, a little bar work.  Was sweating pretty hard pretty quickly.

Competition bench, 5x1 @90%: this was really, really hard.  I used 90% of my 1-board from the other day and it simply kicked my butt.  Not sure why, but it wasn't flowing today.

1-arm landmine shoulder press, 4x15: in lieu of military press, mostly because I was a little concerned about my shoulders after the comp bench.  They aren't happy.

Chins, wide, 4x20: some with added weight, some not

JM press x100

I'm quitting carbs that aren't within 3 hours of training.  It's meant that the last couple of days have been underfeeds with virtually no carbs that weren't peri- or immediately post-workout.  I suspect that might have something to do with why my comp bench was so difficult.  I'm a little afraid muscling it up did ugly things to my shoulders, because neither one is very happy with me right now.

Got a phone screen Friday with a major company for a high-end exec job.  I'm hopeful.  I will spend tomorrow working on answers and reviewing experience.

Also, despite overwhelming evidence that Zimmerman should never have been brought to trial, plenty of idiots nationwide are calling for rioting over the impending, obvious verdict.  Overwhelming evidence.  If you don't see it that way, feel free to contact me for a chat to review the facts -- not supposition about motives, but facts.  Several people should go to jail over this misuse of the criminal justice system, but none of them are named Zimmerman.  Point being, watch yourself, because unpleasantness is certain to ensue.

Thanks for checking.  Hold fast, all.

1 comment:

  1. "Got a phone screen Friday with a major company for a high-end exec job."

    Yahoo, I'll be thinking of you!!! Crossin' fingers, sayin' prayers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete