Monday, July 1, 2013

training 7.1.2013

Cube, week 7, day 1 -- DL for reps

B-Ala/creatine mix and a Monster Ultra 0, briefs, Spud DL belt.

DL, 5x3 @80%: did 80% of my 2" block max from a week or so ago, and it was actually pretty easy.  Pulled sumo.  Feel really, really good about this.

4" block pull, snatch grip with straps, 2x15 @65%: tried 65% of the 2" max and knew I'd fail if going for 15; I got maybe 8 out and decided to back it down a little.  Dropped to 65% of my floor max and felt great, actually -- I wonder if I hadn't blown my setup earlier, actually.  It was still tough, though.

Olympic squats, 3x12 with a lot of weight on the bar.  Left knee barked a lot, likely from an early alignment problem; I may have fixed the alignment, but the knee was already unhappy.  Soldiered through.

GHR, 4x10, no added weight.  Love these.  Hips and glutes have always been strong, and it's feeling good to bring up my hammies.

Back raises, 30 degrees, x30, no added weight.  Getting tired by now, so just used them as a polisher.

Feel really good about today in general.  My loose briefs are not so loose anymore, so I'm going to have to dig out a bigger pair.  I have one pair that is even larger, though I think they are single-ply, which is fine.  I like the support -- more a security blanket than anything else.

Took the boys out for pizza and ate too much, which makes me happy.  Now I need a nap.

Later.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment