Saturday, July 27, 2013

training 7.27.2013

Week 2, day 4 -- lower reps

Ndure, dynamic work, no support aside from chalk.

Not feeling terribly inspired today.  Still humid, overcast.  Got a good sweat on quickly.

Box jump, 4x3: still using a 24" box to land on, starting sitting on a 5 gallon bucket turned upside-down; time to start jacking up the landing box

Superset, 60s between:
 - Barbell hip thrust, 3x12 with a lot of weight   been taking one of my squat suits and doubling it over in my lap to lessen bar cut on my hips; works pretty well, actually
 - L-sits, 3x20s

Superset, 60s:
 - clean grip high-pull, 3x8, hands out at the collars    need more weight on these
 - 1-leg box squat, 2x10

My arms are short, I've decided.  Watching folks about my size set up a clean grip, it's apparent that my arms are short.  That and the fact that my tailor didn't believe me when I told him I had a neck as big as mine but needed arms as short as I do.  Nothing I can do about that.

Farmers walk, 2x20s, 90s between, lots and lots of weight.  Thinking about doing these with stones, though I understand wanted bilateral work.  We'll see.

Got some back spasm just inside my right scap from yesterday, but it didn't bother me in the weight room.  Didn't help my sleep last night, but should be okay after some more work with a lacrosse ball.

This time next week I will be at 13000 feet in Wyoming.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment