Tuesday, July 9, 2013

training 7.9.2913

Cube, week 8, day 1 -- deads for speed

B-Ala/creatine mix, dynamic work, loose briefs, shin sleeves, Spud DL belt

Hot day today, so lots of sweating early.  I missed yesterday dealing with things, so today was makeup.

DL, 8x1 @65%: this was too easy
DL from 4" block, 2x8 @75%: this was decidedly not easy
Paused DL, 3x6 @40%, 3-count: this also was too easy, even after the 4"
Shrugs, 2x20, used the same bar as my paused DL -- very, very tough; probably should have dropped weight a little
Lat pulldown, 4x15: just got them done.

Not even listing weights today because I'm lazy.  Talk with the EDD yesterday was like being deposed -- very sterile, just the facts.  With any luck, it won't matter by the time they make a judgment -- maybe I'll just have a job.  I hope.

Got a callback from a very large company about a big-time position, but it's in Cerritos.  That's okay, I will gladly commute for the right position.  It's just a train ride to Anaheim.  Just a screen interview for now, but it's nice to hear from someone.

No word yet from my two local leads.  I have hope for them too.  In the meantime, I sold the motorcycle and have listed the Blazer.  Anyone wants a 1975 Blazer K5, I'll send you the listing to take a look at.  The thing is awesome, and I hate to sell it, but I'd feel better if I did.

Enough chat.  Have a great day, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment