Friday, July 12, 2013

training 7.12.2013

Warm day today. 

B-Ala/creatine mix, no support gear at all, dynamic work and bar work to warm up.

Did an old DC-style, rest-paused workout to fill in.  I put in 25 weeks of Cube and made solid gains all around despite getting sick and passing another (several) kidney stones.  I feel like mixing it up, and I have a new 90-day program set out to start Monday.  So I did something different for today and will continue it until Monday.

Ten-count breathing between sets, three sets, numbers/numbers/numbers are reps completed of the prescribed movement.

Biceps curls, 20 reps with moderate weight (15kg) on regular DBs: 20/20/20
Hammer curls for forearms, 15 reps with same weight: 15/7/7
Extreme stretches for 45s hold

Calves, 2x12, full stretch at the bottom held for 20s each rep -- these are brutal
Hams, 15 reps on the GHR with weight: 15/15/12 -- had a hard time getting off the machine
Squat, 20 reps Olympic, 110kg on the bar: 20/20/18

Extreme stretches for 45s on the hams and quads

I sold my motorcycle.  That's the end of an era.  Makes me a little sad.  I still have all my racing kit, several helmets I can't sell, several sets of leathers, pictures, trophies, etc.  And yet, I won't be doing anything more along those lines, at least not until I buy another one, which is likely to be a long time.  Won't be a cruiser, no matter what (famous last words).

My telephone screen this morning went very well, I think.  I felt great about it, though it's the first of many long steps.  We'll see.  Still no word from the other two I thought would produce contract gigs.

Got a letter from the EDD; my former employer told them I quit because I was unhappy with my wages, which is patently untrue.  As a result, they disqualified me and want me to return the $450 they paid me already, plus penalties.  Where I was incredibly pissed last time, now I'm just saddened by it.  At this point, I really just want that chapter to end.  An appeal is possible, and I will have to consider the consequences of the appeal and it's possible failure.  We'll see.  Here's hoping I land a job soon and don't have to worry about it.

Life goes on.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment