Saturday, July 13, 2013

training 7.13.2013

Warm, humid, overcast day.

B-ala/creatine mix before, MG's Powdered Muscle during.  Love that stuff.

Dynamic work to warm up.  Dripping almost immediately.

Box jumps to 24" box from seated, 3x3, 60s between each set

Barbell hip thrusts with 110kg on the bar, 2x12, superset with
Abs 2x20 on GHR; these were supposed to be L-sits for 20 seconds, but I couldn't do even one

Clean-grip high pull, 3x8, about 50kg on the bar, 60s, superset with
Single-leg box squats, 2x10, 60s between

Sucking wind badly by this point.

Farmers carry, 2" fat handles with  150# or so on each hand, 90s between, 2x30s

Thought I might vomit after the first farmers, even as brief as they were.  This whole session was humbling and eye opening.  But, all this and the hill sprints I'm doing are because I'm tired of the extra lubs of jiggle I'm carrying around my middle.  We'll see what happens.

Now to get to work on being able to l-sit.  Nuts.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment