Saturday, January 19, 2013

update and thoughts

I have been thinking (always dangerous, with apologies/thanks to Hannah Arendt) that I should do the 10 week Cube routine end to end entirely raw.  I've mentioned this before, mostly in the context of explaining why I so frequently use loose briefs, but I've been thinking it would be a good idea.

Yesterday's entirely raw squatting has left me rather sore today, mostly in the hips, adductors, and glutes.  The glutes might have something to do with the GHR, which I am going to use much, much more often.  To me, the fact that I can squat 748 in briefs and yet be so sore after a 75% squat session for reps suggests that working raw for a while might be a reasonable plan.

So, starting this next week, that's what I am going to do.  Assuming my hips aren't terribly beaten up -- I do squat wide, after all, and that's not likely to change just from a mental comfort standpoint -- it should be an interesting endeavor.  I suppose I could work on squatting shoulder width while raw.  We'll see.

So stay tuned, and as always, thanks for checking in.  Feel free to weigh in with opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I like the plan. While gear can be good, it can be too good, I think. Sometimes it's good to back off, and figure out your baseline.

    Hope things go well with work. Sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete