Friday, January 11, 2013

training 1.11.2013

Cube week 9, day 3 -- squat for reps

Usual mix, dynamic work, and bar work to warm up. 

Loose briefs, knee sleeves, belt for the heavy stuff.

Squat, 6x3@85%: I stopped at 485#, so significantly less than 85%.  In warmup, I pitched forward and essentially did an unplanned 485 pound good morning, which started a spasm mid-back.  I thought about scrapping and starting over tomorrow, but just didn't want to.  So I went on 6x3 at 485.  My back is still in spasm as I type, particularly on the left side, but I got the rest of the training session done.

Wide squat, 3-second pause in the hole, 3x10 @50%: these actually felt good after the other sets.

Lunges with heavy DBs, 3x15

Olympic squats, narrow stance, x40 single set with 165# -- one set, no stopping until done.  Everything was wrapped in barbed wire and I was sucking wind hard.  I like that.

Abs.

It's been a tough week, which is just life.  Mine is still easier than most, I suspect.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Baseball tryouts for the kids tomorrow, and then a draft.  We'll see what I have to work with tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it, particularly making plans for practices.

Anyway, thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment