Wednesday, January 16, 2013

training 1.16.2013

Today is a bench day, so I benched.  Mostly.

Still chilly around here, but supposed to warm up tomorrow.  It's still gorgeous, as always.  Perfect weather gets monotonous.

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix and a fair amount of band shoulder work to warm up.

Comp bench, a lot of reps for a lot of sets
Incline bench, a lot more reps for a lot of sets
Narrow grip bench, a lot of reps for several sets
Heavy pullovers, 3xlots

I kept the weight low and reps high today, both because I'm supposed to be deloading and because my right shoulder hates me.  It worked fine -- the shoulder bitched a little, but nothing awful.  And I got a lot of work in and am all swole up, as it were.  My triceps will likely be a little sore tomorrow.

Honestly, I may have to switch to floor press to take it easy on my shoulder.  Either that or buy a Swiss bar for the neutral grip, which is probably a better idea.

Given my shoulder, I may not test this week.  We'll see.

Still working on selling something to buy a video camera.  Will report.

I'm pleased with today, no matter how odd it was not to go heavy.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment