Thursday, January 24, 2013

training 1.24.2013

Back to cube week 1, raw deal, bench max

B-Ala/creatine mix and a lot of dynamic work to warm up the shoulders.  Hungry at the start, but nothing for it yet.

No support outside of elastic wrist sleeves.  Single ply, no support really.

Floor press, work up: didn't push this hard, so no PR

Incline bench 8x8 set @70%:

I set the bench at 65 degrees and did 8 reps, rested 30s, 8 more, etc. until I could not get 8 reps -- 4 sets
I reduced the incline to 50 degrees and repeated, 2 sets until I couldn't get all 8 reps, still 30s between sets
I dropped the incline to 40 degrees and repeated, 2 sets, 30s between

This pretty much destroyed my chest, anterior deltoids, and triceps.  I like this.

Lat pulldown, 3x50 reps
Triceps pushdown, 3x25 reps
Shrugs, 3x20 until fried
Scott presses with little 10# skinny DBs -- never done these and already had some mileage on the shoulders, so I took it easy.  I like them and look forward to establishing good work weights.

Should have trained last night, but took the family out to a spectacularly good Japanese restaurant (here in case you ever come to Sandy Eggo).  The place is all about traditional Japanese food and very high-end sake.  Their sukiyaki is phenomenal, but pretty much everything is.  If you're out for sushi, this is not your place (though they have some, it's not what they're about).  If you've never had super-premium sake, you're missing out.  Come see me and I'll set you up.

Baseball should start next week.  Safety meeting for all coaches is this weekend, got commitments from all my boys, and will start the torture next week.  First practice will be remedial, so I'll have to find ways to make it fun.  I can handle that.

Take care, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment