Wednesday, January 9, 2013

training 1.9.2012

Cube week 9, day 2 -- bench for speed

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix, wore wrist and elbow support, and warmed up slowly.

Floor press 5x5 @82.5%: used 200kg, which is closer to 80%, and still my right shoulder barked.  When I really worked to pull the bar apart and kept my grip wide, it would not hurt, but that seldom lasted more than a rep or two.  So I backed the weight down a little and did higher reps and higher speed.

Incline DB, 3x15 heavy: backed the weight off and did a couple extra sets -- RPE was maybe 7

Band pulldown, 100

DB military, 4x10: Did Klokov presses with the bar and some weight, and did sets of 20.  Like these.

Band fly, 3x15: light band

Abs x50

Kinda limped through this one, even though I was looking for more intensity.  A little down that my shoulder was still unhappy, particularly since I made it through last week fine.

Got baseball tryouts for my new team and player draft afterward, so the throwing is about to begin.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment