Sunday, January 27, 2013

training 1.26.2013

Posting a day late.  This was week 1, raw, squat day for speed

Been raining here for days, which I kind of like.  Nothing wrong with it, and it breaks up the monotony of perfect weather.  Plus it's warmer, and it hasn't translated to dripping metal in the rumpus room.

Start with the usual B-Ala/creatine mix and a lot of dynamic work.  My left knee was barking a bit, so I slathered blue heat on it and put a loose knee sleeve over it.  No other support.

I did a lot of warm-up sets to try to get that knee to settle down, and I found that taking them slowly and with extra emphasis on control (versus rebound) made the difference.

Squat, 70%, 3x3 wide stance: 240kg, felt easy though I really feel the stretch in my adductors (and probably hams)

Squat, 80%, reverse band, 1x2, wide stance: used an average band because that was on the rack

Olympic squat, 5x5, 100kg: took them slow to get depth.  I was a little wobbly by this point, but nothing like last week.

GHR: lots of sets of 8.  I'm getting stronger, and I've noticed that my glutes and hips are a lot stronger than my hamstrings.  I didn't expect that.  Hams are clearly the limiting factor on these at this point.

Abs: a bunch in sets by reversing position on the GHR

Rainy day today, too.  Have a great day, all.

1 comment:

  1. And here I thought you were slackin' off yesterday...

    ReplyDelete