Sunday, January 20, 2013

training 1.20.2013

Gorgeous, warm day here today.  Beautiful.  I had carbs with lunch and really want a nap.

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix and a scoop and a half of Craze.  Typing now a couple of hours later, I'm not sure I can feel anything at all.

Started with a bunch of shoulder band work and dynamic warm-up.  Wore Spud velcro wrist wraps.

Did a bunch of different rowing motions, other back work, and curls for vanity.

40-degree rows, snatch grip, x20 with a lot of weight, 6 sets
60-degree rows, pinky on the ring, x20 with a lot of weight, 3 sets
Dan John rhomboid rows, never putting the weight down, x10 with heavy, fat DBs, 4 sets
Narrow supine grip chins, bodyweight, x12, 5 sets
Seated concentration curls, no elbow support, big fat DB x10, 3 sets

My back is massively pumped, which I like.  It would be interesting to do this kind of bodybuilding work for a while and see what happened, but I'd feel weak.  I might modify the Cube work this time around to include more of it.  I have to say, I really enjoyed the protocol and look forward to the next test.

The boy has tomorrow off -- I swear, San Diego schools are never in session.  They find the flimsiest excuses to take half days and days off, it astounds me that they learn anything at all (except that it pays to be union).  All I can tell they learn is how to take the standardized tests.  Wish I could homeschool the kid. 

Anyway, the point is that he has buddies coming over to watch the Ravens game and hang out tonight, so it'll be anything but quiet around here.  I've got $100 that says they're playing the PS3 by halftime.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why they'd rather play a fantasy game than watch (or even play) the real thing.

Anyway, I'm gonna eat a lot.  In two weeks, I'll switch to strict CBL or Carb Nite and lose some of the extra lubs I have picked up over the past few weeks.  Should be interesting to see what's underneath.

Big stuff at work this week.  This is make or break -- either I close a huge deal or start looking for a new job.  Seems like it's always that way.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment