Monday, January 21, 2013

training 1.21.2013

Raw phase, Cube, week 1 -- DL for reps

Started with B-Ala/creatine mix and a lot of dynamic work to warm up.  No support gear.

Switching to raw makes me a bit nervous, honestly, and I may finally go back to faithfully performing soft-tissue work.  Nothing like rolling on a lacrosse ball to invite screaming, particularly given how my glutes feel as I type.

DL, 70% of max, 3x3: around 240kg, felt good, but I felt it in my glutes.

DL off 4" block, 2x3 @75%:  250kg, these felt really heavy for some reason; setup was lacking, I suppose

SSB Olympic squats, 3x8 @50%: I only did about 180kg and really concentrated on not tucking my hips at the bottom

GHR, 4x10: Wow.  My hamstrings are so ragged right now, I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand up.  Clobbered by these.

Back raises x50: just stayed on the GHR, slid forward, and did them from the bottom, no added weight.

Still a little sore from the 18th, and I felt my glutes in a big way, particularly up near the origin, probably more the medius than maximus.

I'm cooked.  Everything lower body is going to be sore, I think.

Have a great week, folks.  Still working on the monster proposal, will report.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment