Monday, December 31, 2012

training 12.31.2012

Cube week 8, day 1 -- deads for speed

B-Ala/creatine mix, half scoop Craze, loose briefs and shin guards.

Dynamic warm-up and bar work to get moving.

DL @65% + doubled monster minis, 8x1: 215kg, not particularly fast until about the 5th set

DL off 4" blocks, snatch grip, straight weight, 2x8 @75%: 250kg; these were absolutely brutal, primarily because I did them essentially stiff-legged.  Didn't realize it until the second set, and my hamstrings are paying for it.  Idiot.

3s paused DL, 3x6 @40%: more like 45% because of how the plates added up.  These weren't bad.

Barbell shrugs, 2x20 with bodyweight

Band lat pulldowns, 4x15 with average bands

All in all, okay.  Hope I didn't hurt my hams. 

I hope everyone has a safe evening.  I have a house full of 14yo boys yelling at some Madden PS3 game at the top of their lungs, so I'll be content if the house is still standing tomorrow.  It could be much worse.

My wife returned today after several days in Seattle, so life is getting closer to normal.

Hope everyone's 2013 is fruitful.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment