Friday, December 21, 2012

training 12.21.2012

Cube week 6, day 3 -- squats for reps

B-Ala/creatine mix and a Spike.  Didn't eat enough last night and paid for it.

Used a pair of Jack briefs that are easy on, but pretty tight by the end of warm-ups.  Tough to get off at this point, as I am gradually gaining mass.  Knee sleeves and a belt for the first two movements.

Dynamic work to warm up and gradual bar work.

Squat, 6x2 @85% of 1rm: 290kg, felt heavy but hit depth and got them done

Squat, straight bar and wide stance, 3x10 @65% with a 3sec pause in the hole: felt these

Lunges, no support (kept knee sleeves), 3x15 with heavy DBs: last set I was on fire

Olympic squats, full depth, no gear, no sleeves, down until butt hit calves, 155# x50 reps: pretty much killed me, though interestingly it was my back cramping at this point

Abs

Work is done for a few days.  Family in two days, so tomorrow will be shopping for food, a lot of baking, and cleaning the place from top to bottom.  The cleaning lady will wonder why I'm doing her job.

Got the official notice that I will be coaching a bunch of 14yo boys this Spring.  Many, many thanks to Strongman Bob for the Buchberger program for shoulder rehab.  Love what few friends I have, and Bob's a first tier guy.

Thanks for checking in.  Off to eat -- I'm starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment