Monday, December 17, 2012

training 12.17.2012

Cube week 6, day 1 -- DL for max

B-Ala/creatine mix, a fair amount of dynamic work, some loose briefs, and the heater on full.  Sweating like an oinker by the time work started in earnest.

Used a Spud DL belt when it got heavy.

DL off 2" blocks (bar mid-shin, more like 3" on me), work up to a single @95% of floor max: 95% of my most recent single is about 330kg, which felt super easy -- really fast.  Stretch goal was 102.5%, but only if sure you could get it.  Hit that easily, so I decided to go for 105%; to make loading plates easier, I went up to 360kg, and that came up pretty well too.  Stopped there.  Guess my problem is off the floor, huh?  Grip never was an issue, or anything else for that matter.

Sumo DL off the floor, 8x2 @ 75%: 250kg, pretty easy

DB Rows, 2x20
BB Shrug, 3x15
GHR, 3x15 (no bands this time)
up/down planks x50

Got it all done but the planks, which I will do in front of the football game.

Very pleased with this.  I think I can finally get over 700 in a meet.  I don't have a comp planned for the end of this cycle in, what, five weeks, but I will go in and go through the routine as if I did.  We'll see what I can do.  I have to say, this pull today did wonders for my confidence, and I should be able to crush it when the time comes.  Maybe a comp in Spring, then, assuming I don't get hurt.  The question is raw or equipped.  We'll see.

All in all, feeling pretty good, if a bit run down.  After this, my legs are rubber.

Still hoping for a camera for Christmas to offer up proof.

Thanks for checking in.

3 comments:

  1. Geez, I cannot even fathom grip not being an issue at 360kg. I know where I'm going next time I can't open a jar.

    ReplyDelete