Friday, December 7, 2012

training 12.7.2012

Cube week 4, day 3 -- Squats for speed

B-Ala/creatine mix and a lot of dynamic work to start, particularly for the hips and hams.

Wore my loosest Jack briefs and knee sleeves and suited in a loose Ace where noted.

Squat with suit, 5x2 @80%: 275kg with the straps down, came up easy.  Tried one with the straps up, but it's been so long that I had trouble with setup; rather than risk hurting myself, I took the straps down

Squat reverse band, 1x2 @90%: 305kg with a light band, came up fast; still had straps down for this set

Olympic squats, paused in the hole against the calves, 5x5: 200kg, felt surprisingly good, no suit for these; I expected to have to drop weight, but they felt good

Step-ups, weighted, 4x12: these were supposed to be leg press, but I was improvising; took all the support gear off before doing these (and remaining movements)

GHR with bands, 3x12: strict and slow with two monster minis -- I'll be lucky if I can walk tomorrow

DB Swings: used a heavy DB and made quick good mornings out of them, doing strict, hard KB swings out of them

I think I'm getting a GoPro Hero for Christmas, though not sure.  If so, video evidence will accompany the new year.

I'm tired.  Off to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment