Wednesday, December 19, 2012

training 12.19.2012

Cube week 6, day 2 -- Bench for speed

Gorgeous, crisp day today.  Chilly this morning for SD -- in the 30s, which is worse than most SoCal sheep can handle.

B-Ala/creatine mix, very little dynamic work (like an idiot), and a lot of bar work to warm up.

Floor press, 8x3 @80% of comp bench single: 200kg, wasn't bad.  Still feel my right shoulder, unfortunately.

Incline DB, 3x15: used 50kg fat DBs, which wasn't enough; trying to take it easy on the shoulder, though.

Band pressdown, average band, 100 reps

Standing DB military, 4x6 heavy: skipped them.  More below.

Band fly, band under the bench, 3x15 with an average band

Abs, heavy, x50: still cramping from these -- worked them hard

If I sit normally, raise my right arm in front of me, no pain.  If I then bend the arm at the elbow to 90 degrees, elbow still straight out in front, hand straight up, I think my arm might fall off at the shoulder.  The heavy incline DBs that I gutted out a couple of weeks ago are still taking account.  Guess I'll have to get serious with the soft tissue work and ice.  Baseball starts in a couple of months, and I'll be back to throwing (easily, though not softly) 300 times a practice over 70mph.  I need to start throwing work to strengthen my arm for it, so I need this fixed.  It doesn't hurt every time, either, so I likely have a meniscus tear that flaps open from time to time.  So it goes -- sucks to get old.

I feel strong otherwise, and am happy with the way things are progressing.  Just need to fix this one thing.  Isn't that always the way?

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment