Tuesday, June 4, 2013

training 6.4.2013

Cube week 3 day 1, DL max

Warm day.  Had lunch with a good friend and ate a bunch, so I downed half a Monster with the usual mix to start and hoped for the best.

Dynamic work and bar work to warm up.  Spud DL belt for support, but that's all.

Conventional stance DL max from 4" blocks:  worked up to 600-something, which makes me quite happy; low 6s, but 6s nonetheless; worked up in 10% jumps

Sumo stiff-leg DL, 2x6 with 65% of previous amount -- too easy, need to go up

DB Rows, 3x10 heavy, dead-stopped at the bottom without bouncing, fat DB (2")

DB shrugs, 3x20, 45# I think

Abs x50 using the GHR

Felt good today.  Been sleeping horribly since the job loss, and last night was particularly bad, so I'm pretty pleased with this result.  Didn't help that the boys had a late baseball playoff game last night, so I didn't even eat until well past my usual bedtime.  Was pretty massively keyed up, mainly because I quite badly wanted to beat this particular opponent and we crushed them.  Brilliant effort.

Anyway, off to eat again.  Hope you guys are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment