Thursday, June 6, 2013

training 6.6.2013

Cube week 3, day 2 -- speed bench

Started with the usual beta alanine/creatine mix, a bunch of dynamic work, and some bar work to get a good sweat going.  Also threw down a Monster Ultra for a good butt-kicking.  The Ultra doesn't give me the rush that Spike does, but its effect lasts longer.  At least for me.

Used loose elbow sleeves and Spud wrist wraps.

Floor press, 5x5, 70% of max: had 110kg on the bar and it wasn't enough, but my shoulders didn't hurt at all

Incline DB, 3x15, fat DBs loaded with a ton of weight (50-something kg): intent was for 15 reps to be close to max, and it was; lit my chest up at 45 degrees on the bench, interestingly enough

JM Press, 3x20, not much weight at all: triceps were starting to get cooked, so this was good; supersetted these with DB military

DB Military, fat DBs with 20kg, which wasn't enough, 3x15: not much on the traps or shoulders, but triceps were lit up in a big way by now

Fly, fat DBs, 3x15: used the 20 kilo DBs and just got these done

Abs on the GHR x50

Very hungry, so I'm off to eat and then clean up.  Wife has a figure comp this weekend, so we're down to the part where I need to be helpful -- she's pretty exhausted all the time.  Stuff to get done before she gets home.  Call that what you want; I call it smart.

Boys lost their game in extra innings last night, so the playoffs are over.  It's a mix of frustration and relief for me.

No job yet.  Trying to stay sublime about it and treat the search as a job.  I got a call that I might start contract work tomorrow, which would be good.

All of which is to say, strength is coming along, feeling good about it, trying not to let other things get in the way.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment