Monday, June 10, 2013

training two days, 6.10.2013

Cube week 3, day 3 -- squats for reps
Cube week 4, day 1 -- DL for reps

Did both at the same time. The weekend was too busy with my wife's figure comp, so I had to cram it into one day.  Time to suck it up.

Lots of dynamic work and bar work.  B-Ala/creatine mix to start and a Monster Absolute Zero during.

Used loose briefs, knee sleeves, and a Spud DL when it got heavy.

Squat, 5x3 wide, 75%: right about 500#, felt good
GM, wide stance, 3x8 with a straight bar: 100kg on the bar, too easy
Olympic squats, same weight, 50 reps without putting the bar down -- brutal
Abs
DL, 3x2 @85%, based on last week's effort: not bad, but started feeling my hams
2" block pull, snatch grip, no straps (protocol called for them), 60% of max, 3x12: started getting seriously tough by the end
GHR, 4x10, no weight and no bands -- hammies and low-back were pretty fried by now, so straight up work was tough enough
Back raises: this was gilding the lily

I'm worn out, but I feel good.  No pain today, no knee trouble, moved some significant weight.  I'm happy, even if not entirely back in business yet.  I'll get there.

For the bodybuilders who check in from time to time, you have my utmost respect.  Every time I go to my wife's figure comps and watch the BB, I'm struck by how hard you've worked and how idiotic the judges are.  I swear, the judging pisses me off so badly, I don't know how you do it.  I'll stick with most points/heaviest lift/fastest/first across the line comps; this subjective crap wears me out.  And the organizers are even bigger idiots -- from first judging to finals was 12 hours for the BBers.  Poor guys were totally exhausted by the final pose-offs after 10:00 at night.  Ridiculous.

Wife took a 2nd and 3rd and was totally robbed.  The winner of both categories is a training partner of one of the judges, and everyone knows it.  She looked awful, but she won.  Great.

Sorry to rant.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment