Wednesday, June 19, 2013

training 6.19.2013

Cube, week 5, day 2 -- bench for reps

Run down today for some reason.  Slept an extra hour this morning, which is unheard of for me.  Not feeling my usual intensity in the room, which is why I cut it off at about 45 minutes after warm-ups.  I will pick up the rest tomorrow -- it was a natural stopping point anyway.

B-Ala/creatine mix + Monster Absolute, lots of band work, lots of bar work.  Hot day today for SD, too, so fan was running hard.

Competition bench, 1x3 each at 87.5%, 90%, and 92.5% of max: worked up to an RPE of 9, right around 175kg, or 385#.  All I had, pretty sure another jump would have failed.  Threw on the Slingshot and did another two sets with an additional 10kg.

Military press, 3x10: just got them done

Chins, wide, full down, no added weight, 4x12, superset with

JM Press, 4x15, 30kg on a curling bar: should have had 35 or 40kg, but not going to sweat it.  Got a great pump.

Called it.  Will do shoulders tomorrow.  I feel like I've dropped carbs, which I definitely haven't; hope I'm not coming down with something.

Got an interview tomorrow, though not sure for what.  Guy I worked with a long time ago is a CEO of a couple of companies and wants to talk, which usually means interview.  We'll see.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment