Monday, June 17, 2013

training 6.16.2013

Cube, week 4, day 3 -- squats for speed

Failed to enter this one, so unless I figure out how to move the entry, it will be out of sequence.

B-Ala/creatine mix, Monster of some sort.  Dynamic and bar work, loose briefs, knee sleeves.

Squat, 5x2 @80%: went up pretty well

Squat reverse band, 1x2 @90%: 90% was too easy, so I added a bunch of weight and did another set of 2; used average band, I think, which meant it was light at the bottom and gave me a twinge in the back at the top -- it was a lot of weight by this point.  I need to work on thoracic stability, apparently -- more ab work and some oblique work is called for, I guess.

Olympic squats, 5x5, not a whole lot of weight.

Lunges to a 4" platform, 4x12 with a bunch of weight
GHR, 3x12, bodyweight

Had to go to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment