Friday, June 28, 2013

training 6.28.2013

Cube, week 6, day 3 -- squat for reps

Hot day today -- been warm lately.  Humid for around here, too.

B-Ala/creatine, Monster Abs0, some dynamic work, a little bar work.  Loose briefs, knee sleeves, belt.

Squat, 6x2 @85% of max: not bad, easy out of the hole, a little soft at the top

Pause squats, 3 count, 3x10 @65: these were very tough; at this point 3x10 would be bad enough @65%, but a 3-count pause about killed me

Lunges, 3x15 + weight: used chains, left knee sharply hurt occasionally when it was the hind foot, which is odd.  Must have put it in an odd angle, because I lunge super-deep and put all the weight on the front leg.  Whatever.

Olympic squats, 1x50 with 155#, no stops and no pauses, no gear, ATAnkles

Abs, 3x25

Body weight is up nicely, though I jiggle a little more than I want to.  Easily fixed.  Pretty pleased with how things are developing.

I stink.  Off to clean up and eat.  Have a safe weekend, all.

Btw, no job yet and the boys lost Wednesday, so my baseball coaching career is likely over for good now.  I think I'm okay with the latter, at least for now.  The former is definitely not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment