Thursday, June 13, 2013

training 6.13.2013

No particular point -- just wanted to work

Admittedly, part of my interest comes from a desire to eat whatever I want.  Given what I have in the house, that can't get me into too much trouble, but it is an incentive to work hard.

B-Ala/creatine mix, dynamic shoulder work, a little weight work to warm up, got to it.

60/50/40 degree fat DB incline:  As I've written about before, I set the seat at 60 degrees and set up with DBs that consider heavy and do sets of 8 reps until I can't get 8, then move to 50 degrees and repeat, and so forth through 40 degrees.  If I can do more than 8 sets through all three seat settings, I move the weight up.  30 seconds rest between each set, strictly observed.

I used 50 kilos on my Freespotter fat DBs.  Got 4 sets at 60, 2 at 50, 2 at 40 and was totally done.

1-arm Meadows row, 3x20 heavy: focus on full lat activation.  Love these.

2-arm row with the loaded barbell, 3x12: upper- and mid-back was pretty fried by the end

Shrugs, just because

1-arm bicep curls with 30kg on my fat DB handles, 3xAMRAP
Hammer curls, 3xAMRAP


Check this out: http://youtu.be/625Noh8sN6g    extraordinary speed, that.  Impressive.

Stick a fork in me.  I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment