Friday, June 21, 2013

training 6.21.2013

Cube, week 5, day 3 -- max squat

Hot day today for around here, which means considerably less than most of you are dealing with.  Had the fan on hard.

B-Ala/creatine mix + Monster Absolute.  Some dynamic work and a fair amount of bar work to warm up.  Loose briefs, knee sleeves, belt for heavies.

Squat, work up to a single: worked up to the high 6s and feel very good about it.  Think I had another 5 or 10kg jump in me, but didn't want to miss.  Much tougher on the descent than coming up, interestingly enough.

Squat, reverse band, x1, 102.5% of max: just added 10kg with average bands, but it was too easy.  Either need to use the light bands or add another 5 or 10.

Olympic squat, raw, 3x12 with 50%: these weren't nearly as bad as I expected

Lunges with weight, 3x20

Reverse hyper, light weight, 3x12

Back raises, 1x60:  seemed a little superfluous after the reverse hypers, but got them done.

Very hungry, heading to eat. 

First All Stars game for the boys is tomorrow.

By the way, I would be very interested in hearing from any of you what you find interesting in a blog -- what makes a blog worth reading to you.  This one, I pretty much am just reporting what I've done and don't expect it to be very exciting.  But in general, I'd like to hear your opinion, whether to effect this blog or others I contribute to.

Still no job.  Great talk yesterday, but not sure if it will become anything.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment