Friday, May 31, 2013

training 5.31.2013

Cube week 2, day 3 -- max squat

Wore loose briefs and knee sleeves.  B-Ala/creatine mix to start, lots of dynamic and bar work to warm up.

Squat:
 1x2 @80%
 1x2 @85%
 1x1 @90%
 1x1 @92.5%
 1x4@80%

These were tough, but too easy to call 92.5% of max.  I'm glad, because I take from it that I'm making progress back to where I was a few months ago.  I'll get there.  In the meantime, this was a humbling little bit of weight compared to my last 1RM of 700-something.

GM, 3x8, heavy
Step-ups with weight, 3x20
Lunges, 3x12/leg
Back raises

My knees weren't happy with the step-ups and lunges.  Also, I was very hungry during the whole thing, so I went in for a couple of Snickers bars with PB on them.  Between the two bars and about 8T of PB, that might have been 800 calories.  I did feel better afterward.

Still hungry, so I'm off to get clean and eat (in that order).  I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment