Monday, May 6, 2013

training 5.6.2013

DL Day

B-Ala/creatine mix to start, lots of water, Spud DL belt only.  I did use straps for some of the rows.

Meadows row, 3x10 very heavy with strict form
1-arm Barbell rows, 3x8, very heavy
DB row with dead-stop at the bottom, 3x8 -- no warm-up sets, as I was already warm to work weight
DB Pullovers with a heavy DB, 3x8
Romanian DL with dummy snatch grip (wide as I could), 3x10 with 220 on the bar

I made a superset of the last two.  The DB pullovers were slow, and next time I may add chain.  I'm just really paranoid about my shoulders.

The job as I know it comes to an end this Friday.  I have a couple of contract gigs that seem to be shaping up close on its heels, which would be comforting.  Besides, my consulting rate is fairly obscene, so I can be whole quickly.

Hope all are well.  Check out Strongman Bob's article in this month's Power magazine, available here: http://www.thepowermagazine.com/

Thanks for checking in, both of you.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know there're only two of us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch the stats and URLs of origin to see where folks are coming from. The day I said that, the previous entry had only been viewed by two unique URLs.

    The simpler answer is that I haven't been interesting enough lately to garner much attention. Doesn't matter -- this is for me, mostly.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I have at least 5 personalities, so that has to count for something, no?

    ReplyDelete