Tuesday, May 14, 2013

training 5.14.2013

Gorgeous day today.  Yesterday was hot for around a beach community this time of year -- up in the 80s.

B-Ala/creatine mix, dynamic shoulder work, other stuff.

I did shoulders and arms today.  About 20 sets, pretty much to exhaustion.  Don't think what I did matters that much, but I'll list it if anyone wants to see it.

Job search is coming along.  Got a few leads, shared some woes with Strongman Bob (his are bigger), set up 2# of grassfed flank steak in a teriyaki sauce for a stir-fry later.  All the time is in slicing the beef paper-thin, which I obsessively do.  I sharpen my own knives and use Japanese chef's knives almost exclusively, as it makes a huge, huge difference.  I used to work as a chef and am classically trained, and I've used $1000 knives.  A Shun Classic santoku that you keep super sharp is just about all you need.

Anyway, off to eat a big lunch and then coach baseball practice.  Hope everyone has a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment