Saturday, May 18, 2013

training 5.18.2013

Cube day 2, week 1 -- squats for speed

Lots of dynamic work and a scoop of Craze.  Should have rolled, but my brain just isn't there today.  Should have done GHR first, too, but didn't.  Next time.

Wore loose briefs and loose knee sleeves.

Squat, 3x3 @75%: worked up to about 65% of my most recent work weight (back in February, before the last kidney stone).  This was difficult.

Squat, reverse band, 1x2 @85%: I have no idea what the percentage was; I just added 110# and did the set.  It was very tough, probably an RPE of 9.

Olympic squats, 5x5: got them done, need to go up on the weight next time

Lunge with lots of chains, all around the yard and back x3

Reverse hyper, 3x12: back was in spasm by this point, so I didn't add any weight.  Yeah, I know.

DB swings, 3x15 with a heavy DB.  This was polish by this point.

Still sore from two days ago, which I like.  Hope I'm sore from today, but I suspect I won't be.

Hope you guys are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment