Thursday, August 9, 2012

training 8.9.2012

Hot here today -- hottest day of the year, which is still not saying much.  Still, sweating like a pig.

Struggling with some ugly GI issues, but desperately needed to train.  Everything turned out okay, though I'm still cramping badly.

Started with B-Ala/creatine, wrist wraps when benching.

DL x2@8.5 + -5%: reached 240kg and didn't think I could go up any farther.  Less than last time, unfortunately.

Bench + chain x2@8.5 + -5%: reached 180kg, more than last time.  Go figure.  Had all the chain I've got on there.  My arms are fried.

Lunges x5@9 + -5%: lots of weight, sets of five, glute cramps galore.

Felt weak for the DLs, which at the time I wrote off to the gastro trouble.  Stomach bugs suck, period.  But it didn't play out that way when benching, where I felt studly.

Wife has a figure comp next week, so no food fun for me around her.  All that really means is that I won't be going out, but just have to cook for myself.  I'm entirely okay with that, and she has no problem with sitting next to me while I pound down a quart of ice cream.

Aside from the gut, I'm feeling great right now.  Just need to eat more, which translates to spending time cooking and freezing.  I love cooking for other people, but it kinda sucks cooking boring stuff for myself.  I have enough clean recipes to crush a horse, so the fault is entirely mine.

I need to get more serious on lunges, and I should get a sled to drag around the 'hood.

More next time.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment